Cogito, ergo sum. I think, therefore I am. (René Descartes, mathematician and philosopher,1599-1650)

Friday 14 March 2014

Lockington's Everyday Fiji ... Life Goes On


Communication

Its amazing how technology has evolved. From the humble land line to cordless phones to mobile phones that are almost as intelligent as humans. One of the better things is that costs of calls has come down so much. When you think about it, was the lone telephone company making a lot of money back then, if it was where has it all gone, now they are laying people off, but have spent a pretty penny in  sponsorship. But that's another story.

Mine is about communication. I live on the foothills of the Nausori Highlands and surrounded by cane fields and forests. With my humble mobile phone I can contact the world. Now that we have smart phones equipped with many gadgets and internet facilities the world has become smaller and I can get on Facebook at anytime, as long as I have funds, send and receive email what else do we need.

We can access information about what's happening in the world and learn things.

Just 4 am this morning I was "chatting" with a friend who is on the other side of the world.

It certainly has given me the power of communication. And now I have  phone where I don't have to type my message, I just set it up and dictate and it inserts email addresses and my message. I am looking forward to the phone that will read my thoughts! A bit far fetched? Who knows, it may already have been invented. Whew, me and my imagination.

And now with Vodafones 3G network,it's even better.

Heavenly Plea


Oh Lord, please make the gang at FEA know how to fix lightning strikes.

And please Lord, don't aim the lightning at the power lines. I was gonna ask you to aim it at some people but when I was speaking with you last night, you said that's not how you work. But you know what Lord, please if you are gonna aim the lightning at us have a heart, my beer gets warm,.

And Lord, Im gonna tell the gang at FEA to pay their  gang a little better so they can remain in Fiji.
Sobo. Lord, too many brains going into the drain. Just like me, soon everybody will be talking and no one will be doing.

Hey Lord, I know you can, Cuz.

Allen Lockington is a self-employed customs agent and business consultant who has regular articles published in Fiji. I thank Allen for permission to reprint some of them in this political blog. They remind us that life goes on, whatever the political situation. And it's good to know that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hahahaha, good one Allan! Your blog always makes us feel nostalgic about Fiji, problems and all.