Cogito, ergo sum. I think, therefore I am. (René Descartes, mathematician and philosopher,1599-1650)

Wednesday 15 August 2018

My Letter from the Labour Party

Preface
Am I the only one to note the irony of the Rich List being published on the same day as primary teachers strike for better pay and conditions, and a report delivers statistics on gender income inequality in the workplace? Pn31


I voted Labour-Greens in the last election, so last Friday's letter and the left-leaning in the blog should come as no surprise. 
 I wish media commentators would come clean and declare their political allegiances instead of pretending to be unbiased, leaving listeners and readers to think they are always impartial. I hope to publish a list of left and right-leaning and  "straight up" journalists and bloggers in the near future.

Hi Crosbie,
This is my last day as General Secretary – and what can I say other than thank you.
I have been humbled and honoured to serve the Labour Party as General Secretary for the last two and a half years. I have always tried my best to serve the Party, its members and our shared values and I thank all of you, our supporters and members, for allowing me this great privilege.
For me, the highlight of my time in this role has to be the 2017 General Election. It will go down as one of the most exciting (albeit extremely challenging!) we have faced as a Party in our 100-year history.
I’m proud to have played a small part in making our Party a stronger, more strategic and professional organisation.
Last year, we raised over a million dollars online towards our election campaign, from everyday New Zealanders – including you, Crosbie. Together with our governing partners, we were able to change the government.  
But we can’t be complacent for a single minute. We know we will have a fight on our hands in 2020.
Right now, our government is creating a better future for all New Zealanders. If we want this to continue, we must win the election in two years’ time and it’s crucial we start building for our 2020 General Election campaign now.
I know first hand how invaluable regular income is - it allows our Party to plan for the future based on what we know is coming in.
Today, on my last day as General Secretary, I’m starting a regular contribution of $40 a month to build our 2020 campaign fund.
Thank you for being part of this incredible people-powered movement. I know our success in 2017 came down to you and the many thousands of Kiwis who generously gave their time and chipped in. So, for the last time, thank you.
Regards,
Andrew Kirton
General Secretary of the Labour Party

PS: Thank you for putting up with my many, many emails over the past couple of years!




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dearest Esteems,

We are Offering best Global Financial Service rendered to the general public with maximum satisfaction,maximum risk free. Do not miss this opportunity. Join the most trusted financial institution and secure a legitimate financial empowerment to add meaning to your life/business.

Contact Dr. James Eric Firm via
Email: fastloanoffer34@gmail.com
Best Regards,
Dr. James Eric.
Executive Investment
Consultant./Mediator/Facilitator