Cogito, ergo sum. I think, therefore I am. (René Descartes, mathematician and philosopher,1599-1650)

Friday 30 May 2014

Lockington's Everyday Fiji ... Life Goes On

Hospital Services

We were at the Lautoka hospital and I saw a young man sitting by himself in the GOPD. He looked like he was in pain so I asked him what was wrong. He said he was just feeling weak.

I asked him where he was from and he said Nadi. When I said that he should have gone to the Nadi hospital he said, "If I go there I will be seen in the afternoon, I was here at 630 am and its now just after 8 o'clock and I'm about to be seen. If I go to Nadi hospital I will be seen in the afternoon."

I was taken aback by these remarks  and asked a few more people and they were also from Nadi. Wow.

Please could a survey be done to determine how true this is. Is service at the Nadi hospital really slow? And why.

Invitation

Good on you Paradise Beverages for the $18 million major capital investment. It's got an apt name in Project Bula Vou .. new life.

As reported the company provides Fiji with $1m a week in economic value. Vinaka, that's much needed money. More people will be employed and families will benefit.

Once again vinaka Paradise Beverages, can you send some samples to Mulomulo for this professional to taste?


Allen Lockington is a self-employed customs agent and business consultant who has regular articles published in Fiji. I thank Allen for permission to reprint some of them in this political blog. They remind us that life goes on, whatever the political situation. And it's good to know that.

No comments: