Cogito, ergo sum. I think, therefore I am. (René Descartes, mathematician and philosopher,1599-1650)

Saturday 29 March 2014

Lockington's Everyday Fiji ... Life Goes On

Please Lord

Last year my New Year's resolution was... "Please Lord help me to keep my big mouth shut until until I know what I'm talking about."

I would like to share it with some politicians... "Please Lord help them to keep their big mouths shut until they know what they are talking about."

Advice to Children

With the current dengue threat showing no signs of abating, the Mulomulo primary and secondary schools have been all out cleaning the school compound and surrounding areas to reduce the breeding ground for mosquitoes.

Of course some students were using cane knives to clear shrub,  but under  the care of the watchful teachers.

I mentioned the use of the cane knives to a neighbour in Namulomulo.

He looked puzzled  when I said that adults usually advise children  not to play with or use sharp things.

He laughed out really loud and said, "Areh yar, these are cane farmers' children. Not city children. They were born with a cane knife in one hand and a kutari (hoe) in the other. These children are tough."

Allen Lockington is a self-employed customs agent and business consultant who has regular articles published in Fiji. I thank Allen for permission to reprint some of them in this political blog. They remind us that life goes on, whatever the political situation. And it's good to know that.

No comments: