Cogito, ergo sum. I think, therefore I am. (René Descartes, mathematician and philosopher,1599-1650)

Saturday 12 November 2011

Lockington's Everyday Fiji ... Life Goes On

Allen Lockington is a self-employed customs agent and business consultant who has regular articles published in Fiji. I thank Allen for permission to reprint some of them in this political blog. They remind us that life goes on, whatever the political situation. And it's good to know that.

Is All Well?

Talking about corporal punishment in school is like flogging a dead horse. But I’ll flog anyway. Now that schools cannot use the cane or strap, have we introduced other forms of punishment? If so, I would like to know what they are.

Or perhaps our kids are now better behaved than when I was in school. I left school in 1976 and the cane and the strap used to warm our behinds a lot.

Have our students become gentlemen and women, adhering to virtues and principles we of the 70s were bright up on? Are there no more petty theft in schools. That is just to name a few things.


Perhaps the ministry of Education could do a survey, to determine that all is well. 

No comments: