Cogito, ergo sum. I think, therefore I am. (René Descartes, mathematician and philosopher,1599-1650)

Tuesday 13 April 2010

Blog Comments and Identity Theft

ANNOUNCEMENT. Comments are an especially useful part of this blog. Over the past few days there has been a concerted attack on Comments made to posts by readers. This was done by stealing the identity of regular commentators and by duplicating and changing comments. The result was that no one know which were genuine comments and which were not. In response, I deleted obvious frauds and held back comments until I had verified them.

Thanks to Fiji Today, a generally more reasonable anti-Government blogsite, the source of the problem has probably now been identified and the threat removed.   Hoping this is the case, I have removed the verification barrier which delayed comment publication and readers will once again be able to make "instant" comments.   The usual comments rules apply.

No comments: