Cogito, ergo sum. I think, therefore I am. (René Descartes, mathematician and philosopher,1599-1650)

Friday 19 December 2014

Lockington's Everyday Fiji...Life Goes On


Good Illegal Operators

I feel for the Rental car industry, but....

The illegal activities will never leave us, as long as there is a market and customers, it will thrive. Rental car business people may want to rethink the charges they offer. Some bonds are out of reach of the average working man. He will go looking for the cheaper illegal private rental car.

In Fiji, we have many illegal activities that will never leave us. They are thriving. I name a few. Prostitution, sale of pirated DVDs, illegal mini vans, private sale of motor vehicles, abortion, spitting in public places, throwing rubbish into creeks, selling cigarette rolls and sales to minors, smoking in no smoking areas, government vehicles being used for private/personal business - to name a few.

By the way I just want to tell the authorities, the mini vans in Waiyavi give good illegal service, because they are always available at all times - 25/7. And they will even go to Mulomulo where the road is like a dried up river bed.

I rest my case.


Allen Lockington is a self-employed customs agent and business consultant who has regular articles published in Fiji. I thank Allen for permission to reprint some of them in this political blog. They remind us that life goes on, whatever the political situation. And it's good to know that.

No comments: