Cogito, ergo sum. I think, therefore I am. (René Descartes, mathematician and philosopher,1599-1650)

Saturday 31 December 2011

Lockington's Everyday Fiji ... Life Goes On

Allen Lockington is a self-employed customs agent and business consultant who has regular articles published in Fiji. I thank Allen for permission to reprint some of them in this political blog. They remind us that life goes on, whatever the political situation. And it's good to know that.
Boxing Day

Boxing Day in Lautoka and people were out and about. Worries and problems were far away as people flocked to Village 4 to watch a 3D movie The Theater was filled to the brim. Lautoka Hotel was full with people buying a food and having a drink. Restaurants that were open were filled with smiling people just sitting, eating and drinking.

And I am guaranteed that life is really carrying on in Fiji while our neighbour big brothers put in place little sanctions here and there.  And as I saw the faces I said, “These people probably couldn’t care less about the bans and sanctions.”

Yes, life carries on in Fiji.

No comments: