Cogito, ergo sum. I think, therefore I am. (René Descartes, mathematician and philosopher,1599-1650)

Saturday 24 December 2011

Lockington's Everyday Fiji ... Life Goes On

Allen Lockington is a self-employed customs agent and business consultant who has regular articles published in Fiji. I thank Allen for permission to reprint some of them in this political blog. They remind us that life goes on, whatever the political situation. And it's good to know that.


Leased Vehicles

Government has received 132 new motor vehicles under the new lease arrangement and it will cost us $10 million. I believe the leasing a vehicle is better then buying a new one, because it is cheaper. is it?

May I suggest that all government vehicles in whatever department or organisation has them are maintained to the highest standards. There have been times when I see a vehicle with a GN number plate and marvel. I say to myself, that the department must have made a profit to be able to buy a new car. Then a few months later I hear a vehicle rattle pass me bellowing black smoke and I cringe and say, “Oh the poor car.”

If the car could talk it would wheeze back and say, “Blame my manager.”

Efficiency is the name of the game. And if possible, could I have a look at the 132 leased vehicles in say a months time?

1 comment:

Vehicle Security said...

Form and manner of display of registration marks on the motor vehicles as per Central Motor Vehicles rulesAccording to sub-section (6) of section 41,on or after commencement of this rule, the registration mark referred to shall be displayed both at the front, rear and windshield of all vehicles clearly and legibly in the form of security license plate of the following specifications, namely.