Vodafone Fiji Exposes Coup4.5 Allegations on Khan and Interceptions
Vodafone Clears Air on Blog site Comments
It has come to the attention of the management of Vodafone Fiji Limited that certain blog sites have published information about its Managing Director and Vodafone Fiji which are defamatory, libellous, and false. As a result it has become necessary to issue a statement in
response to these false published statements.
Mr Aslam Khan has been at the helm of Vodafone Fiji for the last seventeen years with an
impeccable record and distinguished professional career. He is a respected business executive and member of the community.
Accordingly, Vodafone Fiji states the following:
- Aslam Khan has never been detained in the United States.
- Aslam Khan has never been frisked in the United States by Stage Agents of the United Statesat anytime;
- Neither Aslam Khan nor Vodafone is involved in financing terrorist activities or terrorism
- No military personnel in the history of Vodafone Fiji, throughout Fiji’s history of political instability, have ever been permitted to neither enter our exchange nor monitor calls.
- Vodafone Fiji does not have the technological capabilities to allow mobile phones to be tapped or intercepted.
- Nor is there any legislation in Fiji that permits the Interception or monitoring of calls by state agents unlike countries such as Australia and New Zealand which have Interception Act.
- Mobile phone billing records are only released to the Director CID’s office on production of a court order such as search warrant.
Mr. Lionel Yee
Board Chairman,Vodafone Fiji Limited
Ed. Note especially the last four bulleted points.